Friday, October 6, 2023

Over the Top

I have a tendency to take things to the extreme...like seriously to the extreme.  I get projects or an idea in my head and it just takes off like wildfire.  

For example; two years ago I decided to make treats to gift to friends and family at Christmas.  It started out as just a few types of cookies.  Then I added a few more types of cookies,  then I added two types of fudge, then two types of loaf bread, and finally Michaela's special request of haystacks.  I baked for 3 days straight!  Then I bought all these fancy boxes and wrappings to put everything in.  And to add to it I included gourmet hot cocoa, peppermint spoons, and dehydrated miniature marshmallows.  It was a massive project, to say the least.  I had fun doing it, but in the end I probably spent more than if I had just gotten everyone a small gift, not that the goodies weren't appreciated.

So now I have a new obsession, Halloween.  This year I will be in the office on Halloween.  So of course I have to dress up. No simple witch or monster costume here.  Nope, I am going as a grown up version of one of my favorite childhood characters...Strawberry Shortcake!  I am obsessed with finding every Strawberry accessory and costume part I can.  My hair is already dyed flaming red.  I have even found chocolate covered Strawberry Hershey kisses to hand out with little stickers that go on the bottom that say "You're Berry Sweet!"  I am so lucky to have a mom who can sew and is willing to entertain her adult daughters crazy ideas.  She is going to make me a Strawberry print babydoll dress.  I already found green and white striped leggings!  I will be obsessed with this right up to Halloween 😆.

Then it will be on to the next obsession, perhaps I will make a few types of fudge for Christmas this year...hey, now that's an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment